Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Survived The First Month!

So, it's been about a month of working out.  I've downloaded my calorie counting app.  I've managed to make it to the gym 3 times a week.  I've resisted most of the sweets that I've been tempted with.  I've gone from 4-5 Cherry Cokes a day to 2.  (I'm not going to give them up, completely.  Because, that would be crazy.)

I've done so much better than I thought I would!  And, the best part is that I've lost 8.5 pounds. :)

But, it's not easy.  There's a TV attached to the treadmill and I've discovered that there are a surprsing amount of pizza commercials.  (I find myself looking away from the screen. haha) 



There is now a Three Sisters' Chocolate right next door to the gym.

They can't wait to go.

 


There are sadistic random contests.


I won a free 220 calorie cookie.



There is a little girl who loves to stop for frozen drinks whenever we pass a Race Trac.


I actually got a water instead!  It didn't taste as good.



There is even a co-worker who brings in donuts.



This new awareness of calories is both a blessing and a curse.  I can no longer eat junk food without a little guilt.  I miss eating junk food without guilt.

But, I'm digging the fact that my clothes are getting baggier, that I have more energy, and I just feel healthier, in general. :)

I'm also extremely grateful for low calorie chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate candy bars with yummy caramel. 

Surprisingly good!



And, I'm probably most excited about the fact that, very soon, I am going to have an excuse to go clothes shopping.  I mean, I can't just go around in baggie clothes?!

2 comments:

  1. hey! I found this blog because I found your other blog via rage against the minivan, and have loved learning about your family. but THIS comment is for you and it is about fitness and because you and your family are so lovely and nerdy, I wanted to make sure you know about http://www.nerdfitness.com/ because it's nerdy and also about fitness. it can seem pretty intense when you're just looking at it the first time, but there are really nice people on the forums and it is VERY cosplay oriented.

    high five for your first month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the late reply! I missed this comment, somehow. I will definitely check out nerdfitness! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete