Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Working Out For The First Time!

It was time for our first day at the gym!

I rushed home from work and hurried into our room to change.  That's when I realized that I didn't have any work-out clothes.  So, despite the fact that I ended up in Brian's t-shirt, shorts, socks, and my fake converse; I was still ready to go!





We agreed that we would take it easy since we're not used to working out.  I tried the treadmill and turned the speed up to .06 mph and promptly gave Brian a high five.  He later told me that he didn't have the heart to tell me that I was still going pretty slow.  I got overly enthusiastic and tried to turn it up a level, but accidently set it to level 11.  In a panic,  I paused it.  I then stood there, unsure of what to do.  Finally, I went and asked for help.  Of course, I came back to a machine that had automatically reset itself when I got off. 

I did 3 weight machines at the lightest weight setting for 6 reps.  I then spent 3 minutes on the eliptical.  And, I was done. :)


On the way out, just to keep it interesting, I dropped my favorite Batman cup on the floor.  It cracked and water spilled everywhere.  We stood there for several awkward minutes, guarding the spreading puddle of water while I wished that I could blame the kids for the mess and mourned the loss of my cup.  Meanwhile, the gym employees walked back and forth in confusion because, apparently, they've never had to mop the floors before.

Finally, a little mortified, a little tired, and a bit proud of myself, we left.


And, since Lizzie had made a very stern request, we stopped at Barnes & Noble for drinks.  As anyone should, after working out for the first time, I got a double chocolate mocha and a slice of cheesecake.

I went home and struggled to stay awake until the kids' bedtime; then promptly, passed out.


I might need a little more practice at this whole healthier lifestyle thing.  And, a lot more practice at safely holding a cup.


Happier times with my Batman cup
 

No comments:

Post a Comment